Saturday, April 2, 2011

Buffy S7E12 Poop Ten Shells

In which I watched a whole bunch of Buffy’s without simultaneously writing them up so now I have to do them all from memory and wikipedia so expect these to all suck and not include any details because I am supremely lazy and I spent last week hunting and slaughtering a whale with my bare hands and I have the photographic evidence to prove it.

I must have missed the part where they explain why there are ass loads of Slayer babies, or slabies, as I so cleverly call them, popping out of the stucco. But anyway, now Buffy and team dork squad are out looking for the newest Potential, as the show so lamely calls the slaybies. They think Dawng is a slaybie, but then she is not. Then the episode ends.

Hey I told you these would be sucky. Lets see what wikipedia sez.

The cold opening makes it look like Spike is hunting and killing the slaybies, but really he’s just training them. What a swell twist, I was totally thinking things were a certain way, but then it turns out they were a very different way. Super job, tv show!

There’s also a Beetlejuice homage in the middle of the show. Who doesn’t love that movie? Beetlejuice is the tits. I even watched the miserable Saturday morning cartoon they made. I didn’t give a shit, I was seven. And how badly did I want to have sex with Winona Ryder? I didn’t even know what sex was, but I still knew I wanted to have it with Lydia. I’ll save you from the soul crushing ennui of banal country life my buttercup. Just let me regale you with wanton tales of the Gummi Bears and Fraggle Rock to remind you of your blissful former life in the big city. Then we can be together forever and listen to Harry Belefonte and his rockin Calypso beats until the end of our lives. That was my plan anyway.

And then at then end of the episode Xander tells Dawn not to be so sad that all the other girls have gotten their periods and adult sized knockers and slayer powers and not her, because he’s a pathetic nobody with no skills, ability or knowledge and people hate him but that’s life, you just have to suck it up and wait for death’s sweet embrace. Sound advice if I’ve heard any.

No comments:

Post a Comment