Sunday, March 20, 2011

Buffy S6E20 Phil Anselmo

In which I return form my hiatus of writing about Buddy the Van Tire Changer.

The title of this episode is Villains, which rhymes with Philans, which is the first half of Phil Anselmo’s name. Yeah, I know, I’m really slipping.

This is also the first time I had to look up the plot to this episode on cyberspace BEFORE beginning this write up, which against the rules but I’m strapped for time and am not about to rewatch these episodes. I still need to get through all of season 7 and these Veronica Mars episodes aren’t going to just instantly view themselves on Netflix. Yes, that’s right, Veronica Mars. Another blond teenage crime fighter of the supernatural variety that aired on an ass network. I either know what I like or I’m a glutton for punishment. Whatever.

Oh yeah, so that 10 minutes of last episode that I feel asleep for? Yeah, kind of a big deal. One of those nerd dudes shoots both Buffy and Tara dead. Well, Tara dies anyway. Buffandra lives to slay vampinus another day (Spoiler alert, I watched the final 3 episodes of this season already).

So Willow goes completely bug fuck crazy and swears vengeance on the nerd dude by swearing to bury his cold dead body in the ground. And the rest of team dork squad freak out because they don’t wont Willow doing any magic at all, let along magic that leads to extra-judicial killings, even if the target of such a killing has murdered Willow’s lesbian witch girlfriend.

Feh, this wack nerd guy needs to get got. Might as well let Willow be the one to do the snuffing.

Also the whole concept if mortality in Buffyland is fucked worse than in the Marvel comic universe. Buffy’s been brought back from the dead a bunch of times already, why not fuggin Tara?

Anyway, nothing can stop a pissed of lesbian sorceress with a lust for blood, and Willow eventually finds evil nerd guy, tortures him, then rips all of his skin off and burns him to cinders.

It would have been so much more bad ass if the special effects weren’t so mediocre. The flayed nerd guy would have been way nastier if you couldn’t tell he was wearing a suit of skinless muscles on top of his normally skinned body.

After this brutal act of torture killing, Willow’s off to go find the other evil nerd assholes. Good luck, Willow. Orivwar!

EDIT: OOPS! It’s been so long I forgot that I already did this write up and then forgot to rename it after it auto saved in google docs. So i wrote TWO of these for ONE episode, but rather than waste one or spend time combining them, I’ll just post them both. Hey, why the fuck not? Double the fun, double the value. The previously written post will come after this one. But show up first on the blog. Kind of confusing, but also who gives a shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment