Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Buffy S1E3 Bitch

In which a witch (hah!) goes back to high school to fuck Buffy up with sorcery and fuck dudes with her vagina.

As the last two episodes were just a remake of the (superior in my opinion) original Buffy movie, this episode was a typical Monster of the Week (MOTW) type. The main idea is some old mean bitch wants to relive her glory days so she switch places with her teen age daughter Freaky Friday style and tries out for the Cheerleader squad. When she doesn’t immediately make the squad she starts fucking up everyone who stands in her path with bitchcraft, including making it seem like Buffy is high on ketamine.

Then Buffy and her team of dork asses save the day. The End.

Also there was some teenage angst shit about that asshole Xander all the sudden having a crazy awkward crush on Buffy and not knowing how to talk to her, which is weird because he seemed fine with it in the first two eps, and nerdlinger Willow being quasi-jealous but doesn’t voice her opinion because she is a shy, mousy little girl and she knows she’ll get the back of the hand if she keeps mouthing off like that.

It is by the end of the episode that it dawns on me that this show’s target audience is pre-teens, predominately girls, and getting through the entire season, let alone series, is going to try every last fiber of my patience. The quips can be fun but get old, especially the lazy ones in this non-Whedon scripted ep. For example, if I were a character on the show I’d probably say: “I wish you brats would shut the fuck up and talk like normal people and so I can make myself a delicious metemuscil smoothie and watch Matlock re-runs in peace.”

Except not even that clever (fuck you, I enjoyed my quip); more like I’d be all: “Make quips much? I would try to be hipper but I just had mine replaced.”

See? Fucking annoying, right?

So whatever, we’ll see how long I last before I give up and start watching X-Files.

No comments:

Post a Comment