Friday, December 17, 2010

Buffy S2E5 Reptile Chef Boyardee

In which a bunch of frat lords crash the Scaunnydale scene and start roofying the shit out of everybody just so they can enjoy their latent homoeroticsms in private without anyone watching.

I was stumped for a fake title with this one for a little bit. I had Reptile Fag up for a while (actual title: “Reptile Boy”) but I didn’t think that that was nearly funny enough to warrant using such an offensive word. I mean, I’m all for using offensive words, but to put ‘fag’ in a post’s title requires a little more set up to justify the super rude pay off. Anyway, I settled on that dumb piece of shit you see there now. It came to be probably because I eat a lot of Chef Boyardee. That, Spaghettios, Campbell’s Chunky Soup and Dinty Moore comprises about 90% of my diet. Hey, great story, right?

By the way, what is the point of Giles teaching Buffy how to fight? That’s a bit like me teaching someone how to cook, no? The guy is a fucking goober. How is beating up some old British fruit going to get Buffy ready to fight the most fearsome undead savages hell has to offer? Answer: it’s not, so I should probably stop being such a nerd and get over it already.

OK so this episode it all about an evil fraternity that abducts high school girls and tortures them. Yeah, that’s believable. I love it when college frat life is depicted in TV shows about high school kids marketed to middle schoolers. Just a bunch of dudes, driving around in their beamers and popped collars and sport coats and feathered blond hair, picking up chicks at the high school. Well guess what? I was in a fucking fraternity, and we never went to high schools to find new snatch to poke. That’s totally fucked. We were far too busy funnelling mad dogs and branding each other with coat hangers to have time to go angaling for jail bait. Jesus Christ would it kill these people to be even the slightest bit true-to-life? Fuck.

I notice the evil frat cult is worshipping the dred lord Mikita. As in, Stan Mikita’s Donut Shop, employer of Glen, the man who wants to know why is it, that if a man kills another man in battle it’s called heroic; yet if he kills a man in the heat of passion, it’s called murder? Oh never mind, it’s spelt Machida. Lame.

And, Machida turns out to be the titular Reptile Fag (call back!) and also a ridiculous rubber suited MOTW, which Buffy obviously dispatches and the rest of the frat lords go to jail. And only after killing dozens of teenage girls. Welp, as long as justice is served!

No comments:

Post a Comment