Monday, December 20, 2010

Buffy S2E10 What’s My Bergine - Fart the Second

In which I learn in the “previously on Buffy...” segment that the evil maggot dude from last episode says his name is Norman Fister and I immediately say: Fister? I hardly even know ‘er but OK no big deal I’ll give it a shot.

The other big development that I completely missed from last episode is that now there are TWO slayers, Buffy and new Afro-Caribbean babe, Kendra. Hot damn, now we can get that hot slayer on slayer action we’ve all been craving.

I appreciate the universe expanding role played by the new slayer, but to me, the character doesn’t work. For one thing, there’s the horrible, Ali G accent she’s doing the whole time. You can just picture the actress doing her faux Jamaican speak too fast and the director telling her to slow down so all the white kids can understand her, because she sounds slow, of mind. Speaking of race relations, Buffy is a massive cunt to Kendra from the get go, and I think we it’s safe to assume that it’s because Buffy’s character is a horrible bigot. It’s all she can do but be snippy and repress the tsunami of n-bombs she’s so desperately suppressing under an ocean of racially motivated hatred.

And I guess Maggot Man is supposed to be scary but how scary on meal worms? Oh no, super bad guy can turn himself into a writhing pile of teeny tiny harmless baby insects. What ever shall we do? Oh right, they step on him. Maybe if they had a bigger CGI budget this villain would have worked better.

Anyway, since there’s only room for big breasted nubile vampire killer in this series, kinky Kendra is put on the first airplane out of Hummasdale the instant the big fight with Spike and maggot man is over (which our heroes win, natch). Before she goes, Buffy says good bye and tries to hug Kendra, but Kendra recoils and says, “I don’t hug... but I do trib.” And so she and Buff mashed gashes until the wee hours of the morning and Kendra took the first flight the following morning (I made that last part up).

Oh yeah, and Xander and Cordelia kissed. Twice. Whatever he is still a huge faggot.

No comments:

Post a Comment