Sunday, February 13, 2011

Buffy S5E16 The Potty

In which Buffy’s mom is deader than Reagan.

See you in hell, Buffy’s mom.

So I’m writing these a few weeks after I saw this episode. I got sick of writing a bunch of bullshit about this bullshit show so I just watched a bitch load more episodes but didn’t write anything down. Well, I did for this episode and the next but I was so fucking drunk at the time that it doesn’t make any sense. Not even in like a funny drunk way, just a dumb, boring, drunk nonsense way.

So I’m going to look up the rest of the season on wikipedia and write some shit down and it’ll probably suck the shit but that’s just the way it is. Thing’s will never be the same. I see no changes, all I see are racist faces. All right, that’s enough of fucking that.

This episode was depressing as hell and was all about Buffy and the cooze crew dealing with Buffy’s dead ass mom (did I mention Buffy’s mom is a fucking corpse?). The whole show is pretty cavalier about death, with scads of teenagers biting it on a weekly basis. It’s good that they finally take this death seriously but it makes everyone seem a little disingenuous. They have schools, like here in DC, where several students die of unnatural causes and it’s not such a fun place to be around. It’s hell on earth but without all the smart ass jokes and rich white parents.

So Buffy’s mom dies from a brain aneurysm and NOW you what to make a big fucking deal about everything? Eh, watch as I frig off an imaginary weenus to show my fake concern.

Besides that it was a pretty all right episode. Dropped in the middle of regular drama it would be even better. Whatever, better than most episodes, if I remember right.

And here’s one line from my original aborted write up that I’ll leave in: “Bufffy’s fake little sister wants to blow up someone’s head with the power of her mind. Nice. We all do sister. All of us have want that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment