Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Buffy S4E12 A Newd Man

In which Giles gets his shit absolutely ruined.

So Giles is feeling like a piece of shit because he’s a creepy old pedophile and all he does is hang out with young attractive college kids with super powers, so naturally he goes down to the pub with an old friend to get shit housed. When he wakes up he finds himself turned into a be-horned gibberish growling demon.

I think he gets better by the end of the episode but I’m not sure. I fell asleep before it ended. I liked this episode because it showed Giles as the pathetic freak you’d expect him to be if he were real. I mean seriously, the whole concept of the watchers is ridiculous. 15 year old smoking hot chick needs a mentor? Great, lets make it a 45 year old British guy. That’s totally cool.

Then there’s something about the number 314 signalling the end of the world (dude, the world is threatened with annihilation every other god damn week. Odds are that shit would have happened a long time ago.) 314, incidentally, is California penal code for masturbating in public. I know, from experience.

By the way, we’ve reached the middle of season 4, which is officially half way through the whole series. So far my only regret is watching every episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment