Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Buffy S4E19 New Poon Ripening

In which the wolfpud Oz comes back to find out his former girlfriend has gone lez on him. Well, we all know what’s that like, eh fellas? Amirite or amirite?

What sucks about writing serialized entertainment (I’m assuming, obviously), is that if you come up with an awesome new idea, you have to make sure that introducing it makes sense given all the earlier history that’s part of your cannon. Two major developments this season, The Initiative of Male Army Men Models, and Spike turning quasi good (chaotic-neutral?) demonstrate the perils of such decisions. Regarding the Initiative, where the fuck were they the first 3 seasons when things were completely fucked and they had to blow up the school to keep the giant snake monster mayor from killing the universe? As for Spike, I get that he’s a fan favorite (so many of the best quips get written his way), but if you’re Buffy, why don’t you just kill the fuck already? This is not an Angelo situation. As Spitch himself loves to deliciously point out in his adorable cokney accent: “Oi’m still EEEE-VUHL innit I?” Just stake his ass, the end.

One of my friends actually has had an old college girlfriend go lesbian on him several years after they broke up. Obviously that means she was always lez and didn’t actually ‘change’ after they broke up, and that to me makes it more hilarious. Man, I wish I dated a lesbian. I wish I didn’t have to pay for sex. WAIT, FORGET THAT LAST PART.

This turns into a very special episode of Buffy as Willow and that other lesbian awaken their lesbian spirits and everyone has to react and deal with it. I guess thats a big deal to people in college. I don’t ever remember giving a shit if people were gay back then and I certainly couldn’t give a fuck now. If one of my friends said they were homo I’d say, great, can you take me with you to gay bars and get guys to buy me free drinks? Then I would leave without hooking up. HAHAHA, I AM A HOMOSEXUAL COCK TEASE.

Wait a minute. I just professed my love for Anya, mainly because she was blunt, honest, didn’t give a fuck about emotions, and wanted to fuck all the time. That makes her pretty much like a really hot dude. Well, there’s only one thing left for me to do. Start banging transvestites. It’s part of a whole new life for me. They’ll be an adjustment period but I’m sure I’ll get over it, as with any other transitory time of life.

That William Burroughs joke was pretty strained. Either go for it or don’t use it. But don’t use it, have some other writer question whether anyone will get it, then write in a new joke about no one getting the original reference. That’s just hack. At least they don’t say ‘wiggins’ on this show anymore. God damn that was awful.

The episode ends with boring as shit Oz leaving (again) and Willow saying she’s down for scissoring her timbers, Xerxes, with Tara (I finally learned whats her faces name). What a trade up. Snoozefest pudcake vs lipstick lesbians. I think the latter is clear winner.

Only three episodes left in the season. A two-parter followed by the finale. And I just realized I still need to watch the second episode of Lights Out. FX is the best fucking network on tv right now, by the way. AMC is close, but FX is the total package, what with drama AND comedy (Archer, the much improved League and the legendary Sunny are all excellent). Hey maybe I’ll watch the first season of Justified in between Buffies. Timothy Seth Olyphant Bullock is pretty righteous. Yeah, great idea I just came up with. Man I’m awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment